The people of Hawai’i embrace health and wellness.
Empower Hawai'i’s residents to improve and sustain wellbeing by developing, promoting and administering innovative and high-quality healthcare programs with aloha.
- Improve the health care status of the member population;
- Minimize administrative burdens, streamline access to care for enrollees with changing health status, and improve health outcomes by integrating the demonstration’s programs and benefits;
- Align the demonstration with Affordable Care Act;
- Improve care coordination by establishing a “provider home” for members through the use of assigned primary care providers (PCP);
- Expand access to home and community based services (HCBS) and allow individuals to have a choice between institutional services and HCBS;
- Maintain a managed care delivery system that assures access to high-quality, cost-effective care that is provided, whenever possible, in the members’ community, for all covered populations;
- Establish contractual accountability among the contracted health plans and health care providers;
- Continue the predictable and slower rate of expenditure growth associated with managed care; and expand and strengthen a sense of member responsibility and promote independence and choice among members that leads to more appropriate utilization of the health care system.
Hi’iola ~ Embracing wellness
|H||Healthy Outcomes||We develop strategies and improvements necessary to promote overall wellbeing.
||We are accountable to the work we do, the resources we manage and the people we serve.
|| We focus on the whole family’s needs, with priority on children ages 0 – 5 years old.
|I||Innovation||We cultivate an atmosphere of continuous learning and improvement.
|O||Optimism||We each make a difference for the people of Hawai'i.
|L||Leadership||We are all leaders in the work we do.
|A||Aloha||We extend warmth and caring to all.